Saturday, June 5, 2010

partying with a purpose

So once, a few years ago, one of my best friends Melissa aka Skippy, wanted to go FIDM's open house to check out their campus/curriculum. "Pshh...Fidm? That school is like sooooo expensive for just an AA!" Being and Otis Alum, I have to represent, and of course downgrade FIDM. But I know a few really hard working FIDM grads who are doing well, too, I must say. Anyways, I was walking around the campus, doing the tour thang, checking out everything, and they didn't seem professional at all...it was just kinda like "Hey, we're in downtown, we're popular with the A-Lister Hollywood types, like, whoever wears Ed Hardy, and watches the Hills." Sarcasm, aside, I didn't feel as if I was in a very polished environment as Otis has whipped me into shape for. Later, during the tour, we sat in some auditorium to listen to an Alumni's speech. This alumni was some girl who was a stylist (cool job) but had a speech about how she would go out to Hollywood, and hit up all the cool clubs to basically annoy the shit out of people to give her a job, and complained about her "5 inch heeled, 5 minute" shoes. That's the moral of the story.


Jusssst kidding! She said she'd "party with a purpose," which I thought was really funny, since maybe being a professional crossed over into her nightlife, which doesn't always go well. 
But yes, last night I was "partying" (checked out a free show, and then went to the Cha Cha lounge (located in beautiful hipsterville, Silverlake) with my friend and his uncle from out of town) and my friend, Nick, was squealing like a japanese school girl about how he saw this photographer whose apparently "like THE MOST FAMOUS/DOPEST SKATE PHOTOGRAPHER OF ALL TIME." and if you know me, then you know I have a lot of skater buddies. So he pretty much pooped his pants after we ate a taco truck burrito, and then went over to him to talk to him. Go check out this guys awesome website, so you can poop your pants, too.

P.S. If you can get Chris Nieratko to write your Bio, then you are most definitely fucking IN.