Friday, June 25, 2010

Make something from nothing


Beautiful Losers was such an amazing film...it really reminded me what I love to do, and why I went to art school, and why I was up in studio til 4am, designing, creating, making, learning, loving, dying, living, losing, failing, gaining, EVERYTHING. At times I would feel selfish, losing myself to me, and never had time for loved ones. But this film made me remember that I was there to be inspired, and inspired others, not matter how modest or insignificant the hardships of art school made me feel, especially being around tons of other talented people. It just reminded me about the labor of love I endured so much, and re-evaluate where it's all going in these tough times.

Beautiful Losers is a documentary about the 1990's DIY contemporary art movement, including street art, skateboarding, illustrations, punk, underground music, etc. It features Ed Templeton, Harmony Korine, Geoff McFetridge, Steven Powers,and Margaret Kilgallen just to name a few.
My only question is Where was David Choe?