Monday, June 14, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

I think everyone that knows me REALLY well, knows that I loooove skaters. They make it look so easy! And trust me, doing those tricks on those boards is not so simple. Who would have thought that a piece of wood with 4 wheels attached to it would be such a pain in the a$$. I think it started when I was a kid, and I'd run around with my older brother, Sam, who skated with his friends in our neighborhood. Then Sam, broke his ankle from doing unsuccessfully doing a trick, and then the board was kinda, sorta, banned from the house. My parents freaked out about the whole ordeal.
After this event, I have also successfully never broken a bone. In fact, I feel like my bones must be made out of steel, because when you run around with an older brother, accidents are bound to happen, and I have had my share of fights, falls, and non-graceful moments and nothing serious in the accident department has ever happened to me. I'm telling ya, BONES OF STEEL.