Monday, December 13, 2010

Me and My Quan Yin


I like tattoos. I have one. I love it, and it means something to me and its beautiful and not dumb, and classic and timeless and blah blah blah! But of course my mom thinks it means that I'm a ex-con or in the Yakuza gang or someshiz! It's a friggin' Quan Yin! Buddhist goddess of compassion! Gosh! Anyways, I don't advertise it, because it's something personal to me, and I wouldn't want my younger cousins to see it and think its okay to just get one done. It's been a very long thought process of mine, since I was 13, and got it about a year ago (still need color) so I wouldn't want people to think it's okay to just get it on a whim! That's one thing I would regret...a permanent mark of bad thoughts and choices.

My dad had a few...mostly from the Army, but I think the older he got the less he wanted them and had them all removed. I think also a job had something to do with it....
Luckily, I'm in a creative field, and don't think people have many objections to it in the workplace. I'm in the business of design and knowing what visual language means what, and how to communicate a message, and if I can't do that to my body, and say who I am without speaking a word, then something is wrong with that. I'm not afraid to let my passions show, since it usually gets me what I want. I have style that I want to be observed, and believe that you can do that with your image. Fashion, attitude, body language, all of that jazz speaks volumes, even if you don't know it. I'm also a firm believer that your face is an extension of your personality. Frown lines, or smile lines each say something, but to a different spectrum.